Apply for American Visa Sponsorship Program – How to Apply Citizenship And USA Immigration Visa


United States of America is a dream land for many citizens of the various countries. It is a country with so much economic opportunity in addition to its vast programs in academic scholarship for international students. Apply for American visa sponsorship program (American citizenship and immigration visa for study and jobs) to stand a chance to move to USA to live, work and study in America.

If you are looking to travel to the America and want to know how to apply for American citizenship and immigration visa, then this is the purpose of this article, and so read this to the end to learn how to apply for American visa sponsorship program.


Apply for American Visa Sponsorship Program

The U.S. Department of State issues visas to foreign nationals traveling to the United States through its embassies or consulates, this means you have to apply for American visa sponsorship program when the opportunity calls. However, you do not need a visa for your business meeting or for vacation if you are a citizen of any of the 39 countries participating in the Visa Waiver Program.


Key Note: Your reason for travel will determine the type of visa you need to enter the U.S. Some of the most commonly requested visas are:

  • Visas for students
  • Immigrant visa for permanent residency
  • Visitor visas for tourism or business
  • Fiancé(e) visa to marry your U.S. citizen fiancé(e), and live, in the U.S.
  • Business or professional visas for citizens of Canada and Mexico
  • Transit visa for traveling through the U.S. on your way to visit another country


Procedures for Entering the United States for Different Countries

When you arrive in the United States, you must show valid travel documents as part of the entry process. The documents you need and whether your passport needs to be valid for six months after your travel dates depend on the country you are arriving from and your citizenship or status.

Arrival from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda

The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative covers travel by land, sea, or air from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda:

1. American citizens entering the U.S. must show a valid passport, U.S. passport card, a Trusted Traveler Program card (NEXUS, SENTRI, Global Entry or FAST), or an enhanced driver’s license. If you have any questions, contact your carrier to find out if they require a specific document.

2. Lawful permanent residents of the U.S. need to show a Permanent Resident Card (Green card). A passport is not required.

3. Citizens of Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda must present a valid passport from their country to travel to the U.S. by air. When traveling by land or sea, they must provide the necessary travel documents outlined by the Department of Homeland Security. Review the details for land and sea travel in the section titled “What types of documents are accepted for entry into the United States via land and sea?”

Canadian citizens may use a NEXUS card instead of a passport to enter the U.S. by air, if they departed from Canada.

Arrival from Other Countries

1. All travelers entering the United States from all other countries need a passport upon arrival (regardless of their country of citizenship).

2. Permanent residents and foreign nationals may also need a U.S. visa. You must apply for a visa before you start your trip.


Apply for American Visa – How to Apply for an Immigrant Visa

About a million people a year receive Green Cards, designating them as new permanent residents of the United States. Many of those people arrive in the U.S. through an immigrant visa.

Top Types Of Immigrant Visas

Most people who come to the U.S. using an immigrant visa receive one of the following types:

1. Family-based visa, for those with a family member who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.

2. Employment-based visa, which generally requires a job offer from a U.S. employer.


Steps to Get an Immigrant U.S Visa

1. In most cases, someone must sponsor you or file an immigrant petition for you.

2. Wait until the petition is approved and a visa is available in your category. Then apply for an immigrant visa. Do this through a U.S. consulate abroad. Find one in your country in this directory of U.S. consulates.

3. Get a medical examination.

4. Go to an interview.

5. Wait for a decision on your application.

Review the details of this process for getting a family- or employment-based visa.

Another way to seek an immigrant visa is through the Diversity Visa Lottery program. This program lets people from countries with low U.S. immigration rates participate in an annual drawing for an immigrant visa.


After You Get Your Immigrant Visa

Once you get your immigrant visa, you will have to pay a USCIS immigrant fee. You will get a sealed packet of documents to give officials at the U.S. port of entry. You will be admitted to the U.S. as a permanent resident and receive your Green Card in the mail.

Student and Vocational Training Visas


An international student can apply for a student or exchange visitor visa only after being accepted by a school certified in the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP). Students’ records are kept in the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS). Learn more about SEVP and SEVIS, and about the SEVIS fee.



Types of Educational Visas

Your course of study, the school you plan to attend, or the exchange program you will be with will determine the type of student visa you will need.

The most common student visas are F-1 and M-1 visas.

F-1 visa classification is for a full-time international student pursuing academic studies.

M-1 visa classification is for a full-time international student pursuing vocational studies.

J-1 visa classification is also known as the exchange visitor program (EVP) and is for foreign nationals approved to take part in work or study-based exchange programs. Examples include visiting scholar, camp counselor, or research assistant.


How to Get a Work Visa – Getting a Job In the U.S as Foreign Worker


Based on your skills, circumstances, and the job that you plan to do, you may be able to come to the U.S. as either a:

  • Temporary or permanent foreign worker, or a


  • Temporary visitor for business

Under certain circumstances, you may also be able to work in the U.S. if you’re a foreign student or an exchange visitor.

Get a Work Visa

As a foreign worker, you will need a visa to get a job in the U.S. Each type of visa has unique requirements, conditions, and time limits.

Visit the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services’ (USCIS) Working in the U.S. web page for an overview of each worker category and type of visa.

Use the Department of State’s visa wizard to find:

  • The visa you need
  • The application process
  • Fees
  • Estimated wait time for a visa interview


How to Apply Online for a Business or Tourism Visitor Visa to the U.S.

Under normal conditions:

If you are planning a brief visit to the U.S. for business or tourism, you might need to apply for a visitor or a transit visa. These are the steps you should take:

1. Find out if you need a visa.

Check to see if your country participates in the U.S. Visa Waiver Program (VWP). If you don’t see your country listed, you will need a nonimmigrant visa to visit the U.S.


2. Determine which visa you might need for your visit.

Most business and tourism travelers use B-1 and B-2 visitor visas.

  • B-1 visa classification is for business travelers to consult with business associates, attend a conference, settle an estate, or negotiate a contract.
  • B-2 visa classification is for tourists on vacation and people coming for medical treatment, a social event, or participation in amateur contests for no pay.

Transit visas are less common

  • Transit C visa classification is for foreign nationals traveling through the U.S. to another country and stopping briefly in the U.S. as part of their travel to the next foreign destination.
  • Transit C-1, D, and C-1/D visas are for crew members of sea vessels or international airlines traveling to the U.S.


3. Apply for a visa.

The process of applying for a visa will vary depending on the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where you apply. Follow the specific instructions for the country that you’re in.

In general, you will need:

  • To complete online form DS-160, the nonimmigrant visa application form
  • A photo
  • A visa application fee
  • To schedule an interview


Waiver Program for Tourists and Business Travelers

International travelers planning to visit the U.S. for business or pleasure can get a visa waiver. To get a visa waiver, you must be a citizen of one of the 39 countries that participate in the U.S.’s Visa Waiver Program (VWP).

If you plan to visit the U.S. under the VWP, you must get an approved travel authorization before your trip. Authorization approvals are determined using the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA).


How to Apply for ESTA and Get Approval to Travel to the U.S.

1. Check the list of 39 countries that participate in the VWP.

2. You must have an e-Passport to use the VWP. This type of passport is also known as an electronic passport and has an embedded chip in it.

3. Fill out the (ESTA) online application. ESTA determines the eligibility of a visitor to travel to the U.S. under the VWP.

4. The processing fee is $4.00, and if you are approved, there is an additional $10.00 authorization charge. Learn how to pay for your ESTA fee.

5. When you fill out your application, you will get an ESTA application number. Use this number to check the status of your application if it has been accepted to travel to the U.S.


Apply for American Visa Sponsorship Program

Visitors traveling to the U.S. for tourism or business meetings or conferences under the VWP can stay for up to 90 days without a visa.

To apply for any visas to travel to United States of America, follow the guide on the website and read through all the instructions carefully.



This is for information purposes on Visa Requirement and how to apply for USA visa, and we do not promise you any outcome regarding U.S visa! Also, we do not ask for your personal information. Visit official U.S visa website for more information.